Looking for more balance, mobility and flexibility?
What is Tai Cheng?
Tai Cheng is a 12-week total body fitness program that breaks down the graceful movements in an easy-to-follow format.
Tai Cheng combines fluid movements with the science of modern fitness. With Tai Cheng, you recalibrate your body with dynamic motion control. The soothing and healing moves of help improve balance and coordination while increasing range of motion and helping to relieve pain.
What is it like to do Tai Cheng?
Every day, the Tai Cheng program takes you through a gentle, energizing warm-up and the practice of Tai Chi moves. Each move helps you strengthen areas of weakness, tone muscles, and burn calories, while also helping you increase flexibility, improve balance, and reduce stiffness. Whatever your fitness level, daily practice of Tai Cheng can result in greater awareness and help improve your strength, energy, and stability.
In the videos and pictures below you’ll see grandparents, 30-somethings, and kids. The reason is because Tai Cheng is useful for a number of people for different reasons.
One of the reasons the workout was originally brought to market was because the CEO of Beachbody, Carl Daikeler was thinking about his father, who was in his late 70’s at the time. He noticed that his Dad was not slowing down on the chores (climbing ladders, trimming hedges). And picturing his Dad on a ladder was a big motivation for creating a workout that targeted enhanced balance and mobility!
And Tai Cheng is great for recovery days. When you ask a lot from your body, for example if you train for triathlons, or you do a round of Insanity, Tai Cheng offers and awesome active recovery. Plus it gives you a strong base of movement to benefit your extreme workouts. Another tip for those accustomed to intense workouts: if you think Tai Cheng will be too slow for you, but you are interested in the benefits of functional fitness and body alignment, P90X2 may be a great choice for you.
If you are coming back from an injury, this may be an ideal workout for you. It’s a great total body workout that may help you be able to refocus, rebuild, and come back stronger than ever. Like with any workout, you’ll want to consult with your healthcare professional before you begin.
Here’s Ben talking about his experience with Tai Cheng to get back up on a surfboard.
Frequently asked questions:
Q: I am thinking about getting this workout for my parents, but they aren’t “workout” people.
A1: There is a 30-day money back guarantee, so you can get it for them, and if they don’t like it, you can return it.
A2: Sometimes as we age, we think we can still do what we could do 10 or 20 years earlier. Applying functional fitness and core and balancing exercise is one way to keep the mobility and core strength that we expect from our bodies. Hopefully, even if they don’t consider themselves “workout” people, they’ll appreciate being able to catch themselves from falling because of their improved balance.
Q: I am accustomed to intense workouts, will I be bored
A: That depends entirely on your goals and your expectations. Tai Cheng is a very different type of workout than say, Insanity. While it takes the same mental fortitude to commit to a workout program and see it through, the workouts are extremely different. Another tip for those accustomed to intense workouts: if you think Tai Cheng will be too slow for you, but you are interested in the benefits of functional fitness and body alignment, P90X2 may be a great choice for you.
There are 2 options for ordering Tai Cheng.
Option 1: Tai Cheng Base Package
Base Package includes a lot of really great stuff:
- 12 workout DVDs, plus, a Master Scroll DVD
- The Master Scroll DVD: Learn everything you need to master Tai Cheng. Dr. Cheng breaks down each of the Tai Cheng moves so you can watch exactly how each move is done and be ready to learn from Day 1.
- 12 workout DVDs that walk you through the 12-week program day-by-day in an easy to follow format
- The equipment is included. You’ll get
- Blue Foam Roller. Work out everyday kinks and pains and loosen tight muscles as you develop better balance, posture, and flexibility.
- Low-resistance strength band. Use it to build up your strength and balance.
- Medium-resistance strength band. Step up to the green band for more resistance.
(note: the resistance bands contain natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions)
- You also get these valuable tools
- “Easy Does It” fitness guide: Filled with practical tips on form, technique, and mind-body realignment. It shows you how to complete Tai Cheng to help improve your health, energy, and mobility.
- “Feel Better Food Plan” Nutrition Guide: Use this guide to find delicious, easy-to-make meals and snacks that are designed to help you feel healthy and energetic.
- 90-day Daily Workout Calendar: The calendar provides an awesome visual overview of the 12-week program so you know which workout to do on which day. Just follow along and chart your progress.
- Removable floor tape: Create your Tai Cheng foot placement grid with low adhesive strips that leave no sticky marks to clean up afterwards.
- AND– When you order from us, you’ll receive an exclusive BONUS: The Tai Cheng Body Alignment for Better Living DVD. It’s a $19.95 value, free.
- Wondering why? It’s because Beachbody, the company that makes Tai Cheng and runs the tv commercials, knows that people are more likely to succeed when they have a real person to reach out to and ask questions. So they allow us to offer exclusive bonus DVDs! Which we think is very cool. We love being able to offer our customers some extras as a thank you for ordering from us!!
- What is this bonus DVD? On this DVD, Dr. Cheng will help you understand how your body works, how to correct mobility issues, and how to prevent injury. Plus you’ll learn how to combat flat arches, strengthen your core, walk with proper posture, and fix bad joint mechanics. You’ll also see how using a foam roller can help you work out everyday kinks.
- Money-back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied within 30 days, simply call customer service for a return authorization number and return Tai Cheng for a full refund of the purchase price, less shipping and handling. But keep the bonus gifts just for trying Tai Cheng.
Option 2: Tai Cheng Master Kit
The Master Kit includes everything in the Base Kit, plus the Rumble Roller and more:
I know we should be telling you about the Master Class and the Qi Gong DVD first, but the Rumble Roller is such a magic piece of equipment, we are going to start there and then talk to you about the other DVDs and equipment that come with the Tai Cheng Master Kit.
Here’s what the foam roller looks like. And if you are wondering why it’s bumpy, then you are asking the right question!
When you are rolling on your Rumble Roller, those nubs act like a strong set of thumbs giving you a deep-tissue massage. If you only owned one piece of at home workout equipment, this is the one we’d recommend. It’s really quite amazing!
What else comes when you order the Tai Cheng Master Kit?
- Master Class DVD: Dr. Cheng will take you step-by-step through all of the Tai Cheng moves you’ve learned in one graceful, yet powerful sequence. You’ll perform it at 3 speeds: slow to challenge your balance, stability, and strength; a moderate page to get more comfortable with the sequence; and fast, designed to create a flowing healing energy throughout your body. This is a DVD you’ll want to use over and over again to keep up your practice and maintain your results.
- Qi Gong DVD. Learn the ancient practice of Qi Gong breathing exercises and techniques to improve your mental clarity. You’ll begin with the “energizing series”, then advance to the level 1 and 2 where you can focus on breath control to develop and move energy. This body-mind connection helps tap into the healing potential within you. (And there are some other really amazing benefits of mastering the breath, but this is a website focused on fitness, not the bedroom, so I won’t elaborate. You can use your imagination to figure out what I am referring to. )
- Expert tools. Additional Equipment to take your Tai Cheng workout to the next level:
- RumbleRoller. It’s like having a masseuse on call. Offering more penetrating muscle relief than a conventional roller, the Rumble Roller’s strategically aligned bumps and advanced polymer surface will help you release trigger points of tension to regain your mobility.
- Weighted gloves. Increase the challenge of each move by wearing these gloves. They’ll help you refine your hand and arm movements, and get stronger, while increasing your muscle control.
- High-resistance strength band. Offering more resistance than the low and medium strength bands, the high-resistance strength band will take your training to the next level to help you build lean muscle.
(note: the resistance bands contain natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions)
- Master workout calendar. Follow this workout calendar, and you’ll know exactly what you should be doing each day of the Master Kit program.
Why is Tai Cheng effective?
From childhood on, our mobility decreases until we lose our natural alignment, flexibility, and strength. We convince ourselves that it’s natural to wake up with aches, or fight through stiffness. But it isn’t.
Tai Cheng’s gentle and thoughtful movements can help open your joints, reduce painful knots in your muscles, and promote balance and flexibility, so your health can actually improve as you age. These therapeutic postures can help increase lung capacity, improve muscle strength, and encourage your blood to circulate more regularly through areas where it may have been sluggish, removing toxins and helping to boost your immune system.
The Tai Cheng workouts can make you feel good, help improve your posture, have a positive effect on your energy level, and help restore the fluidity and physical strength that come from gentle and comprehensive total-body conditioning. The practice of Tai Cheng promotes suppleness, strength, ease of motion, and inner peace, helping prolong your fitness and your enjoyment of the activities you love.