The CT9500HR, or cross trainer 9500HR, is one of Life Fitness’s most popular ellipticals. Its advanced optional features include FitLinxx personal training, Broadcast Vision (a TV system), and Cardio Theater, which offers listening options such as the news and MTV.
Elliptical Hits: Features of the CT9500HR Elliptical
- Long stride – The 19” stride is excellent for most average to tall users.
- Excellent ergonomics – Customers consistently praise the ergonomics of Life Fitness cross trainers.
- Entertainment – The 9500HR is the only Life Fitness elliptical with entertainment to complement its great ergonomics. Broadcast Vision and Cardio Theater are entertaining options that help people to exercise for longer.
- Sturdiness – This solid machine has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
- Extras – A cup holder and reading rack are included.
Elliptical Uncertainties: They Could’ve Done Better
- Programming – The CT9500HR offers less-than-stellar workout variety with 9 programs. However, the machine has a useful feedback feature to help people get the most from each workout. Also, there are 20 resistance levels and the machine can be used in reverse mode.
- OK warranty – This machine has just a one-year warranty on parts and labor. Life Fitness offers lifetime tech support.
Overall Rating for the Life Fitness CT9500HR Elliptical
The CT9500HR is a popular elliptical because of its great ergonomics and fun extras. While it has fewer programs than some other machines in its price class, this cross trainer offers enough distraction in the form of audio and visual entertainment to keep users moving. The cross trainer 9500HR can be expected to last for years despite its relatively short warranty.